After a critique in class to day a few ideas were bought up
I now have my old collection of records that i can use break and take real photographs, rather then rough mock ups with questionable stock images.
Ideas to Develop
- Use of other items? possibly headphones, speakers… other brand related equipment
- or to use different records, in a similar design, but with an iconic record label from in the 21 years of MoS.
- It was agreed that the poster worked better at an angle, i felt more like it was drawing the viewer into the brand / more inviteing – adds depth
- Use of colours to capture people
- More random breaks in the record concept, less “clinical” – to have more of a random chaotic vibe, to portray the atmosphere
- Background texture/img
- Landscape vs Portrait
- Font size for different areas of the poster / add weight
- Narrative – why broken; atmosphere, sound, bass, crazyness
- Different items; headphones + wires etc
Experiment with various ideas!